As a Class A CDL Driver at United Rentals, your goal will be to assist in meeting Trench Safety needs of our customers by delivering equipment in a safe, timely, efficient, and courteous manner. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to advance your career and contribute to our company's tremendous success and unparalleled growth. Frequently interacting with our customers, you will serve as a company ambassador and will provide exceptional customer service. And since we're local, you'll be home every night.
Additional duties include the following:
• Drop off and pick up equipment for customers
• Operate construction equipment, such as semi-trucks and trailers ("low boys") consistent with DOT classification CDL-A
• Maintain driver's logs and complete pre-trip inspections
• Suggest additional equipment and supplies customers may need
• Must also be able to operate boom trucks and cranes in accordance with manufacturer specifications
• Adhere to all safety requirements particular to equipment including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
• Other duties assigned as needed.
If you would enjoy the stability of working for the world's largest equipment rental provider, who provides ample opportunities for career growth, consider a future with United Rentals.
• Valid Class A CDL with acceptable driving record
• Minimum of 2 years DOT regulated Commercial Driving Experience
• Superior customer service, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.
• Basic knowledge of construction equipment and safe driving procedures
• Diligent attention to safety.
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals’ policies and procedures.
Other — Branch business hours are 7:00am - 5:00pm, drivers will have some overtime each week, no nights or weekends, home every night.
U.S. Full Time roles: Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
High School Diploma
Louisville — 4019 Produce Road
Apply at the URL: Job URL: https://ur.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/URcareers/job/Louisville-KY-USA/CDL-A-Driver_34827. United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Contact Nanette (865) 839-0549 with any questions.