The Staff Accountant will:
• Prepare and maintain financial records to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
• Be responsible for monitoring the outflow of capital (Accounts Payable) for the organization (Accounts Payable).
• Assist in ensuring that the organization receives payment for educational services and activities offered to families (Accounts Receivable). DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Accounting Duties:
• Prepares periodic financial reporting, which may include balance sheets, profit & loss statements, cash flow, and key performance indicators.
• Maintains the general ledger.
• Reconciles accounts and closes books based on a closing schedule.
• Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
• Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual review.
• Oversees filing of required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
• As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor(s) to maintain accounting software system; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
• Facilitates entry of invoices into the accounting system, payment of vendors, reviewing purchase orders, processing reimbursements, and resolving discrepancies.
• Processes invoice payments via check/ACH, verify tax exempt status is applied, and identifies discount opportunities.
• Obtaining W-9 information from vendors and generating 1099’s annually.
Accounts Receivable (FACTS)
• Manages and maintains the FACTS Tuition Management system.
• Posts tuition, fee, and incidental charges throughout the academic year.
• Records manual payments (payments at institution) to family accounts.
• Identifies delinquent accounts and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
• Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
• Assists families with questions/inquiries regarding their FACTS accounts.
• Maintain cash box deposits, payments, reconciliation, and recordkeeping.
• Assist Director of Finance with Financial Aid process.
REQUIRED PERSONAL QUALITIES
The Staff Accountant shall:
• Have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior and Lord.
• Believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily life.
• Be in whole-hearted agreement with the PCS Statement of Faith
• Be a Christian role-model in attitude, speech, and actions towards others.
• Be a member in good standing at a local evangelical church whose doctrine is in agreement with the school’s Statement of Faith.
• Show by example the importance of Scripture study, prayers, witnessing and unity in the Body of Christ.
• Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
• Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
• Highly proficient with accounting software (QuickBooks)
• Safeguard confidential information and ensure it is not shared inappropriately.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
401(k), Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, PTO, Employee Assistance Program, 50% Child Tuition
Bachelor Degree — Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
Louisville — Portland Christian School