GE Appliances, a Haier Company
The Engineering Technician Intern role was created to provide experience for students enrolled in a technical program at the community college level. It is a 19-hour per week position for the duration of one school year. Several technician positions within the Engineering Labs at GE Appliances will be made available for these roles and may change from one school year to the next, or within the school year, as GEA’s needs change. Work will be scheduled to allow attendance in class.
Percentage of Time Description:
30% Use hand tools, power tools, and electrical and mechanical test equipment.
20% Use of computers and computerized equipment to collect and report test data.
20% Monitor testing to ensure adherence to required conditions.
10% Maintain supplies, environment, and consumables to meet regulatory and lab policies.
10% Move engineering samples throughout and between labs.
10% Other tasks as assigned by supervising technician or Lab Management.
The following requirements are representative of the skills and qualifications for any technician position within the labs. Additional skills and qualifications may be required for a specific placement and will be outlined at the time of interview.
• Completion of one year of a two-year technical program at an accredited college or university. Minimum GPA: 2.5
• Ability to follow direction, both written and oral.
• Able to pay attention to detail and to shift between priorities.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and computers (Microsoft Office)
• Physical ability to move large appliances.
• Air-conditioned lab space
• Well lit
• Minimal noise.
• Standing / Sitting / Squatting
• Pushing / Pulling / Lifting / Reaching
• Small hand movements.
Flexible - Will work with applicant — GEA will work with students to accommodate class schedules. Preference is daily availability for half-day.
$16 - $17 per hour
No benefits are offered for this role.
Some college — Completion of the first year of a two-year technical program.
Louisville — Evaluation Labs at GE Appliances, Appliance Park