Park Place Technologies
The Technical Production/hardware Technician troubleshoots, tests, reconditions, and repairs disk arrays and servers, as well as other miscellaneous related equipment. Provides occasional phone support for Field Engineers and customers including problem diagnosis and resolution on an as needed basis. May also build, test and configure servers, laptops, and storage arrays for sale and for spare parts in support of service contracts. Loads software and configures systems for customer orders. Disassembles tested systems into spare parts. Data center, Dell/ EMC & NetApp experience a plus but not required.
What you’ll be doing:
· Monitoring resources including disk, memory, and CPU through in depth stress testing
· Develop technical cross-training plans as necessary
· Re-qualify and refurbish disk arrays across multiple OEMS
· Re-qualify and refurbish server and associated peripherals
· Provide technical support as required, to field engineers, sales, and customers via problem identification, troubleshooting, diagnostics and repair strategy.
· May perform research or collect information on specific technical hardware/software related issues to determine root cause, identify alternatives, and implement a solution. This may include participating in post mortem meetings with customers.
· Assists production areas with various product lines (entry level/ midrange storage products, network appliances)
· Assist the planning and procurement group with parts related queries
· Recertify individual and defective parts and provide problem determination/ resolution when necessary
· Disassembly of tested systems into spare parts
· Tagging and bagging of tested spares
· After hours rotation for parts procurement may be involved
· Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
· Level I: IT education 1-2 years of school
· Level II: minimum 2-4 years of related experience.
· Working knowledge of disk storage hardware and software products preferred
· Ability to tackle new technical problems and equipment
· Software imaging packages; Symantec Ghost, Acronis, etc.
· Proficient in Microsoft Server & Windows products.
· Unix & Red Hat. A+, Server, Storage & Network + certifications, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, MCP, knowledge of CLI
· Associate degree, High School Diploma or GED required.
Flexible - Will work with applicant
Health,Vision,Dental, PTO, 401K,
High School Diploma