Primetals Technologies USA LLC
The Primetals Ghent, KY, facility conducts industrial maintenance and reconditioning of conventional and new state-of-the-art slab casting equipment for Nucor Gallatin. The facility also offers engineering services, in-plant laser measurement services, plant millwright services, mechanical machining, fabrication and welding services. Our expertise and technological advancements for the maintenance, repair and manufacture of continuous casting equipment, mold, segment, roll and related components allow us to provide our customers with an exceptional value in workmanship and quality assurance. $5000 Sign-on Bonus.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
Classification and base pay rate will be dependent upon skillset and prior experience.
Duties of the mechanic will be performed in-house and on location at customer site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements on production machines; following diagrams, sketches,
operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications;
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening
for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements and adjusts functional parts of
equipment by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other
• Controls downtime through use of effective routine preventive maintenance
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies efficiently to
accomplish job results.
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• May prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions,
irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules,
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• A minimum of 4 years of industrial maintenance experience required
• Ability to read and interpret schematics, gauges and dials
• Knowledge of proper rigging techniques to calculate the rigging load based on center of
gravity, lifting points and any special rigging required.
Set Hours — Monday - Friday, 7am - 4:30pm
$20.22 - $33.04/hr
Begin date of hire:
$5000 retention bonus;
Quarterly Incentive Plan;
Paid Time Off;
Medical, Dental and Vision;
Employee Referral Bonus
High School Diploma
Other — Ghent, KY