Since 1974, Technidyne Corporation has manufactured the highest-quality instrumentation for the precise measurement and control of the optical, surface, and physical properties of paper and related products is simply what Technidyne does. We have earned an international reputation for excellence in products, service, and support; and have also garnered a reputation for being the leading optical properties measurement supplier dedicated to serving the pulp and paper industry. We are proud of our heritage, and we do whatever it takes to establish and maintain the confidence of our customers.
Looking for a new team member to fill an entry level position as a Laboratory Assistant/Clerk/Tech. This is a great role that will introduce you to the highly technical world of the paper industry and help establish good lab practices. You will undergo training to help you succeed in this position. Your success will also be largely dependent on your attention to detail as well as your ability to maintain focus on the task at hand.
The Lab Assistant/Clerk/Tech would work in a paper testing laboratory, responsible for performing various laboratory functions such as preparing media and/or samples of a variety of sample types for analysis, performing routine laboratory maintenance efforts, and is responsible for basic set up and operation of laboratory instrumentation and equipment to support exceptional Customer Experience.
• Following established SOP’s, Laboratory Technicians ensure customer satisfaction by supporting laboratory staff through executing various entry level laboratory duties, resulting in the timely and accurate reporting of data.
• Gather appropriate materials needed to prepare and analyze test samples.
• Sample receipt, login, storage, and testing.
• Prepare necessary standards, equipment, media, etc., that are required for sample analyses.
• Perform basic equipment and instrumentation set up and operation.
• Execute routine laboratory maintenance efforts, such as glassware cleaning and sterilization, and ensuring the laboratory is well maintained.
• Accurately record observations and data.
• Maintain accurate, up to date logs, notebooks, and equipment records.
• Perform necessary laboratory administrative functions such as filing paperwork, photocopying, reviewing of data, and entering data into computerized systems.
• Comply with and promote Personnel, Safety, and Quality Program.
• Entering orders.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Temperature & Humidity controlled work environment.
• The noise level in the work environment is low.
• Computer Skills. Comfortable with technology, working with basic programs for emails, data entry, and entering orders.
• Excellence. Pride in attention to detail in documentation and records.
• Hard-working winners. Confident, competitive, and results-oriented people who create a track record of success.
• Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts, and work together to move the business forward.
• Flexible. Willing to do what it takes to get the job done to meet the customer’s needs.
• Quality. Strive for excellence in all work product. Physical Requirements:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (assistance will be provide if needed). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Performs repetitive measurement.
Set Hours — Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Occasional overtime.
$13 to $16/hr
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• 9 Paid Holidays
• 401k Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
High School Diploma
Other — New Albany, Indiana