Perform field and/or laboratory testing, observation, and inspection of construction materials (e.g. soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt and steel). Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, client representatives, contractor's representative and others as applicable regarding the construction site, project requirements, and testing, observation and inspection requirements and results. Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis. Tabulate, prepare and submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Terracon Project Manager. Maintain and clean equipment, vehicles and work areas. May assist with scheduling and dispatch of Technicians to project sites. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential roles and responsibilities:
- under close supervision of higher level technicians or staff professionals, assist on tasks and perform basic testing and observations duties
- Provide clear documentation of findings and results
- Communicates information to Project Manager and discusses accuracy of data in preparation for submittal
- Submits documentation and communicates results as directed by the project Manager
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments
- Maintains assigned equipment
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. perform pre-task planning prior to executing work. report any safety issues or concern to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects
Obtain ACI certification within 90 days. Successful completion of related internal safety certifications. Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
Full-time and/or Part-time
Flexible - Will work with applicant — Monday thru Friday with some weekend work available if desired.
$15.00 per hour
Medical, Dental, 401K
High School Diploma
Please call the Louisville office at 502-456-1278. Ask for Nick Consigli or Chris Eger or visit: https://careers.terracon.com/.