Life Safety Services, LLC
Life Safety Services is looking for a professional carpenter to complete repair and installation of commercial fire doors, frames and hardware within existing facilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong history of working in the door and hardware industry.
• Inspect/Install/Repair fire door frames, doors, locksets, latches, closers, strike plates, miscellaneous door and frame hardware and material to bring up to code requirements
• Filling holes in frames/doors
• Shimming to correct clearances
• Cleaning/installing closers and hardware to fix latching and closing issues
• Work with metal stud framing and drywall to shore up door frame repairs
• Establish plan of action for door replacement through facilities in a time efficient manner and execute said plan
• Ability to work independently or as a team
• Working with carpenter hand tools (drill, screws, screw driver, tap & dye sets, sander, etc.)
• 2+ years experience residential or commercial doors and hardware installation/repair
• Thorough knowledge of NFPA, ICC, and other codes as they relate to Fire and Smoke Doors, specifically NFPA 80, 105, and 101
• Experience repairing and/or replacing fire and smoke doors in commercial facilities;
• Extensive knowledge of commercial fire door hardware and components;
• Experience sourcing the proper fire rated door hardware, and fire doors to meet code compliance
• Understand how to read construction drawings and work through a facility self-directed
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational/attention to detail skills
• Ability to use laptop or tablet for progress documentation
• Self-starter, excellent listener, attention to detail and completes tasks efficiently with professional manner and limited direction
• Ability to travel 100%
• Must have valid driver license
• Must be at least 21 year of age -Insurance
• Must pass drug test and background
• Must be willing to submit to TB test and Flu vaccination and vaccination blood tests, & vaccinations when required by customer (MMR, Flu, Varicella, etc.)
• Experience working in hospitals
• FDAI Certification
Other — This position is year-round and travels 100%: work 10 days and be home 4 days – Company responsible for lodging and transportation.
$18-$20 an hour
Medical, dental and vision insurance available.
Supplemental insurance also available .
Paid Time Off (PTO).
401K with company matching.
No education requirement