We are currently seeking a candidate for a Groundskeeper/Maintenance Technician position at Crowne at the Summit.
· Assists in all aspects of the property’s maintenance, including grounds, custodial, preventative, corrective, deferred and emergency maintenance
· If certified for pool maintenance, cleans and maintains pool as directed
· Checks and replaces exterior lighting when necessary
· Physically walks the property on a frequent basis and removes litter, debris, and pet droppings from the grounds
· Performs “trash out” duties in vacated apartments
· Assists in removing all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes, etc.
· Transfers trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster
· Keeps the grounds neat and free of litter; rakes, sweeps and shovels as circumstances warrant
· Picks up and sweeps areas
· Uses blower to keep sidewalks, breezeways and walking areas free of loose grass and brush
· Assists with “make-ready” duties and performs routine maintenance duties on property as requested by the Community Director and Maintenance Supervisor
· Performs miscellaneous grounds keeping tasks as directed, e.g., tearing down fences, digging post holes, carrying abandoned furniture, etc.
· Helps clean and maintain storage areas
· Performs interior and exterior painting duties when requested
· Completes minor routine service requests when required by management or maintenance
· Changes locks and makes keys when requested
· Distributes resident communications to residents; e.g., upcoming events, pest control notices, newsletters, etc.
· Performs work area clean-up and safety-related duties
· Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to pick up supplies from vendors
· Works indoors as well as outdoors
· Constant need to be on feet, climb stairs, push/pull, climb ladders, lift/carry
· Responsible for obtaining fair housing certification
· Regular and prompt attendance
· The ideal candidate has excellent maintenance skills, strong knowledge of HVAC, electrical and plumbing repair; ability to recognize general and specific maintenance issues and respond to them; ability to effectively communicate with residents, employees, vendors and prospects.
· Performs additional duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Community Director
Desired Skills and Experience
· Able to work independently
· Willingness to learn
· Working knowledge of building maintenance
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
· Ability to think logically and follow standardized procedures
· Ability to get along well with others.
· High school diploma or its equivalent
· Previous related experience and/or training
· Positive attitude
· Enthusiasm and stamina
· Problem solving ability
· Common sense
· Neat appearance
· Good communication skills
Set Hours — M-F
$10.00 - $16.00 per hour
To be discussed in interview.
No education requirement
Email resume to: email@example.com