Protegis Fire and Safety
We are a fire alarm company that has been in business for 40 years. We take pride in our ability to get the customer what they need and also save money by offering an alternative to replacing expensive panels. We keep the old system running like new by reconditioning control boards, power supplies, detectors, and other fire alarm equipment. We offer a stress free work environment, good team building, training, option to move up, and all the tools you'll need to make your job easier.
The Lab Repair Technician is responsible for repairing a variety of Fire Alarm Systems from component level repairs to cleaning smoke detectors, pull stations, strobes and any other applicable devices pertaining to a Fire Alarm System. They must be able to test, diagnose, and identify problems within an alarm system and the best course of action to repair the problem. Must have good verbal and written communication skills to report findings, problems and solutions to the Lab Manager, Sales Department, and Customers when required.
• Must be able to identify parts of a Fire Alarm Panel.
• Repair and test defective parts of an electronic circuit.
• Test the functions of a Fire Alarm Panel.
• Learn new products and train other technicians when required.
• Offer technical support to customers when needed.
• Able to replace through hole and surface mount components.
• Repair parts efficiently without sacrificing quality workmanship.
• Able to work in a team environment to increase parts and knowledge of each panel.
• Email Sales Department about warranty results, items that are unable to be repaired, and any other issues with each order.
• Build “Carts” as required for testing and training purposes.
Set Hours — Monday - Friday 8-5 no weekends or overtime
Depending on experience
Associate Degree — Degree or work related
Send resume to