ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Communicates continuously with Reporters, Photographers, Assignment Desk, and other applicable employees or outside sources regarding story developments and changes.
• Conceptualize and write news stories and post video for social media platforms in coordination with Producers and Web Team.
• Facilitate communication during newscasts regarding live shots and story development.
• Overcome anticipated and unexpected changes when putting together newscasts.
• Write breaking news on short deadlines.
• Log news and inform the producer of available material that can be used in their newscast.
• Must be able to work under tight deadlines and have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills required.
• Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent working knowledge of the technical aspects of television news production required, including digital and web-based newsgathering tools.
• Team player: ability to work and collaborate with everyone in the newsroom.
• Solid news judgment.
• Ability to be calm and decisive under pressure.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule and shifts, including weekends, evenings, overnights, and holidays.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field - required.
• Minimum one-year experience writing, producing, and editing on an electronic news producing system.
Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Disability / Matching 401K
Please apply by going to the link: https://tinyurl.com/2d83xwmr