The IT Intern will be working with the KT Infrastructure team to provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 services in a backup capacity. He/she will be working under the direction of the Senior Systems Administrator for the duration of the internship. He/she will provide second level support and incident resolution of IT related issues and requests from business units (primarily focused on hardware/software introduction/resolution). This involves receiving support and service requests through a wide variety of communication methods, e.g., phone, fax, e-mail, web forms, etc. The Service Desk also functions tightly as a team to improve processes involved with first level support and incident resolution. They work closely with first level support groups for problem resolution and establishing/maintaining service levels. They will also perform first level support as backup on a periodic basis.
• Creates and maintains incidents and service requests in the IT Service Management tool.
• Troubleshoots and resolves software, hardware, operating system, and networking problems; repair and recover from hardware or software failures, virus infections and other issues and document resolution in incident tickets.
• Contributes to self-help knowledge base.
• Consults knowledge base to optimize resolutions and follows through on resolution with customers.
• Escalate support and service requests to other IT teams, as defined by the escalation process within the tracking tool.
• Increasing ability to resolve tickets on first contact.
• Resolve and document resolution in tickets for support and service requests within the established service levels.
• Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
• Understand the established process of criticality and prioritization for incidents and requests.
• Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users.
• Provide training to users as appropriate.
• Mentors, supports and cross-trains other service desk agents.
• Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems and confirm success of actions and restoration/establishment of service.
• Participation in compliance with all Corporate IT Policies and Procedures (including change management required practices).
• Provide suggestions and feedback to fellow coworkers and management on system enhancements or process improvements.
• Participates in hands-on desktop/printer/device work as needed.
• Performs work on relevant IT assigned projects.
• Periodically will act as personnel back-up as it relates to on-site desktop/helpdesk support.
• Reports status of projects and assignments to management on a regular basis.
• Perform other job duties as assigned with a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
Set Hours — 8AM -5PM EST M-F
$16.50 per Hr
Benefits are listed on our application web site.
• Actively working towards Associates degree or equivalent industry experience.
• Client Hardware/Software experience required.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office and common client software applications such as Antivirus, Antispamware, etc.
Louisville — KY Trailer Logistics Location
Go to kytrailer.com , click on Careers and search for intern