Responsible for managing the entire operation of a store including hiring, development, supervision, discipline and safety of
Assistant Store Managers (ASMs) and Customer Service Representatives (CSRs), and management of all inventory and
assets, in order to meet Company and store objectives, including profitability goals. Provides and models respectful
customer service to the store team and the community.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Exhibits and provides leadership, direction and supervision to all store ASMs and CSRs at all times.
2. Supervises, trains, develops and oversees the training and development of ASMs and CSRs. This includes their training on
Family Dollar operating practices and procedures. Must be able to effectively apply, communicate and explain all
standards/procedures to ASMs and CSRs.
3. Ensures ASMs and CSRs greet and assist customers in a positive, approachable manner. Assures that all customer inquiries
and concerns are answered or resolved and is available at all times to Team Members and customers to address issues,
4. Supervises ASMs and CSRs regarding appropriate steps to maintain a clean, well-stocked store for customers.
5. Models and ensures ASMs and CSRs maintain a positive image to customers and community.
6. Responsible for managing the Door-to-Shelf Program and ensuring all merchandise from delivery truck is unloaded,
organized and merchandised per Company Planner/Schematics as applied and implemented for that store.
7. Responsible for managing and maintaining all store business records including, payroll, scheduling, vendor delivery and
accounting and inventory records, as well as cash register deposits/receipts.
8. Responsible for managing and controlling all store assets, including all inventory, cash and other monies.
9. Responsible for all ordering of merchandise using cycle counts to ensure in-stock representation.
10. Manages loss prevention by maintaining a visible management presence in the store and modeling respectful customer
service to the community.
11. Manages the budget of the store, including labor budget to assure that ASMs and CSRs are scheduled, do perform and
report all hours worked including a minimum of 80 hours of work per week.
12. Implements and assures compliance by all store Team Members with all Company policies and procedures.
13. Performs all duties necessary for the effective and profitable operation of the store.
14. Assures that all operations of the store, including all employment practices, are in compliance with Company policy and
state and federal law (i.e. the posting of required EEO information.)
Education: Prefer completion of high school or equivalent. Ability to read, interpret and explain to others operational directives
(e.g., merchandise schematics, etc).
Experience: Prefer store management experience in retail, grocery or drug store environments.
Other — Hours may vary, to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Varies depending on location and experience
Medical, Dental,Vision, 401K and more
No education requirement