Clark County Youth Shelter
Under the supervision of the Residential Supervisor, the Youth Worker will perform and assist in coordinating all necessary functions as they relate to supervising youth in a residential environment.
1. Safety and well being of the youth is paramount. Activities subject to specific rules and regulations and will involve judgement decisions affecting the staff and youth’s safety and welfare.
2. Appropriately supervises, monitors, and interacts with adolescents in a shelter care environment.
3. Intake and orientation of new residents.
4. Record in shift log, resident log, including behavior summaries and medication log. Also record daily evaluation of each resident's interactions and attitudes.
5. Completes daily reports and assist in collecting data.
6. Implement educational and recreational activities.
7. Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings
8. Performs tasks and responsibilities in a cooperative, supportive manner, and maintains good staff relations as a team member.
9. Attends staff training’s totaling at least 20 hours per year for full time or 10 hours per year for part time in areas as outlined in the Personnel Manual.
10. Be at work at least five minutes before your shift starts to report any new information to the next youth worker.
11. Assist residents in performing housecleaning chores and meal preparation.
12. Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director, Assistant Director, Residential Coordinator, or Residential Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Must be at least 21 years of age. A Bachelor’s degree in a social service field is preferred, however experience may substitute for a degree. The minimum requirement is a high school diploma or GED with at least some experience working with adolescents. Human relation skills in understanding, developing, and motivating young people are critical. Must have the ability to effectively relate to youth, parents, placing agencies, and co-workers. Must be sensitive to the needs of troubled youth and their families. Strategies and actions must
reflect this understanding and be consistent with the philosophy and approach of the Clark County Youth Shelter and Family Services.
Flexible - Will work with applicant — We will have monthly Zoom meeting where all of the PRN's will schedule shifts for the next month. You will have the power to create your own schedule on a monthly biases.
$15.00 hourly with potential bonuses.
PRN's do not receive benefits.
High School Diploma — A High School Diploma or equivalency is required.
Louisville — 118 East Chestnut Street, Jeffersonville, IN 47131
Please apply on our website...