Ohio Valley Educational Cooperative Head Start Program
• Know Head Start Performance Standards as well as Kentucky Childcare Licensing regulations and Head Start and OVEC Policies and Procedures.
• Know and understand Child Care Licensing, STARS, ITERS (Infant Toddler Environmental Rating Scale), and ECERS (Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale) as applicable to position.
• Maintain and submit monthly reimbursement to Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) for meals and snacks.
• Train staff annually on CACFP procedures and requirements.
• Maintain and input all paperwork associated with CACFP program; menu production records, menus, breakfast, lunch and snack (bls) attendance sheets, and enrollment forms.
• Maintain childcare billing and produce reports for Family Advocates on a weekly basis.
• Coordinate childcare billing and resolves subsidy issues with the Child Care Council.
• Maintain all college/CDA records and documentation that is needed.
• Assist Head Start/Early Head Start employees with college/CDA related issues.
• Organize, establish and maintain files, record-keeping and data management systems. Coordinate the filing of Individual Professional Development Plans, ensuring that a plan exists for every employee.
• Assemble, research and summarize information from various sources and compile data for reports as needed.
• Prepare standard invoices and service contracts as appropriate.
• Work with finance office in maintaining efficient tracking of accounts payable for School Nutrition and payment of reimbursements.
• Coordinate quarterly substitute orientation and disseminates annual substitute renewal letters.
• Maintain classroom and office inventory and submits list of surplus items annually for board approval.
• Prepare typed employee evaluations in advance of annual reviews.
• Prepare materials for trainings as appropriate.
• Provide additional support to specialists and program staff as requested.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Salary based on experience in accordance to OVEC’s Head Start/Early Head Start Classified Employee Salary Schedule.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION: Extensive secretarial or Administrative Assistant experience preferred. Must have experience with a variety of software applications, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Publisher. Must possess the ability to work in a group, be able to multi-task, take initiative, and work with minimal direction. Attention to detail and strong organizational and oral/written communication skills are essential.
Program Services Coordinator must be able to stand, sit, bend and walk for periods of time to meet job requirements. Must have physical and TB test, and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must possess a valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance or have reliable transportation as job may require some travel that will be reimbursed based on OVEC’s travel policy. All Head Start positions must clear and pass state criminal history records check and sex offender registry check prior to hire date and pass Child Abuse and Neglect state registry check (CAN) within 90 days of hire.
$15.14/hr with HSD
Health and life insurance, annual-sick-holiday paid leave, retirement
High School Diploma
Other — Shelby County