The Commercial Loan Documentation Specialist is responsible for the creation, coordination, compliance and review of commercial loan documents to the Bank’s policies and procedures. In addition, this position is also responsible for ensuring the completion of the disbursements and Quality Review before and after closing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates with loan officers, attorneys and others to facilitate closings.
• Review loan for proper approval and processing completion; knowledge of proper commercial loan documentation necessary to protect the Bank.
• Prepares all documentation for extensions, modifications, and new commercial loans.
• Ensures that all loans are being disbursed properly, meet compliance guidelines, & completed in a timely manner. Also responsible for ensuring closings are being set in a timely manner.
• Review all commercial loan packages for proper documentation, determine if all commercial loan-closing documents were returned, and comply with the Quality Review Checklist.
• Determine and clear doc prep exceptions, track for trailing items.
• Manage the Lereta (Tax Service) system, including reviewing the billing for accuracy.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly performs all other duties and project as assigned.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime work.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
• Two years of commercial loan processing experience preferred.
• Ability to learn and effectively use software tools.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Proficiently communicate with branch personnel, loan officers, commercial lending staff, attorneys, etc.
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, reach with arms and hands and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crouch, crawl and kneel. The employee occasionally may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Competitive Benefits Package
High School Diploma — High school diploma required; College Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Go to https://www.republicbank.com/careers. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities