Louisville Medical Center
We are a district heating and cooling plant which serves multiple hospitals, research facilities as well as Jefferson Community and Technical College. This position is responsible for the maintenance and preventative maintenance of equipment in the chilled water plant. This position will also be required to occasionally perform as a relief operator of the chilled water plant. The Chilled Water Plant provides chilled water to multiple hospitals, research and learning institutions in the down town Louisville area on a 24 hour per day basis, 7 days a week. Specific Responsibilities:
• Work in a safe and efficient manner.
• Insure generation of sufficient quantities of chilled water are available to meet the demands of LMC’s customers.
• Plan operations with the following considerations:
1. Meet load with the most reliable operation sequence of equipment.
2. Utilize the most economical operation sequence of equipment.
• Perform periodic maintenance and make frequent inspections of the chilled water generating units to insure proper operation.
• Strive to utilize preventative and predictive maintenance rather than reactive maintenance.
• Performance of work activities is for scheduled shutdown of equipment to alleviate emergency shutdown of equipment.
• Be familiar with the chilled water and cooling tower chemistry, which includes maintaining the proper rate of chemical to adequately protect both systems.
• Responds to emergencies and determines corrective actions using available resources.
• Suggest improvements and improved methods of operations as needed.
• Effectively communicates and works with the Chilled Water Plant Supervisor.
• Maintain the aesthetic appearance of the plant through effective house-keeping such as cleanliness and painting.
Experience: Two years with chilled water plant operations and maintenance preferred.
Ability to walk up and down stairs and ladders.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. of weight.
Knowledge of LOTO, Arc Flash Confined Entry.
Set Hours — Normal work hours are Monday though Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. There may be occasional emergency call ins.
Entry level with AAS degree $22-$24/hr
Defined benefits pension under CERS, a 401, 457, health insurance, life, short term, long term, dental, vision. Salary is based on experience and education.
High School Diploma — Industrial maintenance degree desirable.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.