McClain DeWees, PLLC
• 50% -General Clerical Support: Provide general clerical support for all front desk operations, including but not limited to scanning, photocopying, faxing, filing, preparing mailing labels, and organizing reception area.
• Ensure all inquiries are answered and/or routed appropriately in a timely manner.
• Distribute incoming mail and send outgoing mail as instructed.
• 45% - Immigration Support: Greet and assist clients, potential clients, attorneys and others who visit, call or send e-mail to the office.
• Take direction from attorneys.
• Assist those seeking the services of the office in finding on-line information, including immigration forms, and provide standard information on forms needed for certain processes.
• Scan/copy/forward immigration-related documents and/or enter them into database systems, following standard office procedures; assist new clients with check-in; upload check-in documents through accurate data entry and notify responsible attorney of client check-in; scan client’s immigration and supporting documents and upload documents to immigration database.
• Manage immigration document pick-up drawer and provide documents for pick-up to clients.
• Reprint immigration notices and letters as needed for clients.
• Provide school and work excuse letters requested by clients and potential clients, and provide confirmation of hearing, interview, appointment, and court letters to clients.
• Conduct mail and e-mail communication with clients, such as confirmation that an immigration-related request has been received or documents are ready for pick up.
• Manage McClain DeWees's general email account and redirect email to appropriate staff.
• 5% - Other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of two years of professional office experience required.
• U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required.
• Prior experience in a customer service setting required.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word and Internet applications required.
• Ability to learn and apply the basics of immigration processing (at a level appropriate for this position) required.
• Experience with database software preferred.
• Ability to bend, crouch, or stoop
• Ability to carry or lifts loads of up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to feel, including perceiving size, shape, temperature, or texture
• Ability to hear, including making fine discriminations in sound
• Ability to sit for 4 hours or more
• Ability to use computers extensively for 4 hours or more
• Ability to make repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movements
• Ability to climb stairs up to 2 stories
• Ability to push/pull objects of up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to stand for up to 2 hours
• Ability to travel to various off-campus locations
• Effective audio-visual discrimination and perception
• Ability to Use Standard Office Equipment
Set Hours — Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
$12.00 to $15.00 per hour
• Medical insurance.
• Paid vacation and sick leave.
High School Diploma
• High school diploma required.
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Louisville — Law Firm
Send your resume to Elizabeth Hobson at email@example.com.