The Specialty Loans Specialist position is accountable for providing the highest level of customer service to internal and external customers with operational integrity. Primary responsibilities include providing accurate and timely payoff quotes on consumer and commercial loans remit and reconcile investor reporting, and process funding transactions for investors on sold serviced-released loans and on sold service retained loans. This position will work under the direct supervision of the Specialty Loans Supervisor. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: • Respond timely to miscellaneous payoff inquiries from clients, bank personnel and third party business partners. • Responsible for the proper storage and verification of storage of pertinent documentation as required • Conduct quality assurance review of payoff quotes to ensure compliance loan documentation. • Adherence to established policies and procedures; collaborate with the Specialty Loans Supervisor to amend assigned procedures immediately upon notification of change, addition or declination request.• Maintain daily payoff tracking reporting to ensure payoffs are processed and transmitted timely and accurately. • Correct within 2 days of receipt of reports from supervisor all daily outages for ML and LN settlement, LCC, items in transit, and wire settlement accounts. • Begin to assist with systems testing to validate data, identify gaps or illogical errors.
• Monitors safeguards to ensure the integrity of our client’s personal and financial data.• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required. • Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization. • Willingly perform other duties and projects as assigned.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Requires a flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime work.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices and regulatory changes, including participation in all training provided.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
• Minimum of 1 year previous experience in a Loan Servicing or Financial Operations environment preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) PDF and internet applications.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrates basic math and/or accounting principles as it relates to Loan Servicing.
• Requires ability to work independently and as a team, under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to problem solve and evaluates a process for both potential risk and efficiency improvement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The associate is occasionally required to stand and walk. The associate occasionally may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Competitive Benefits Package
High School Diploma — Some college preferred.