Reading Truck Equipment
The function of the Material Handler is to process parts through the organization. Material handlers work to make sure production areas are fully stocked and have the products they need to fulfill orders and move quickly. Essential functions of this position are:
• Work within shipping, receiving
• Stocking and/or delivering parts, supplies, products
• Loading/unloading trailers, storing parts in proper locations
• Pulling stock from inventory
• Driving and/or staging trucks
Material Handler may also assist front counter sales, inventory, work with UPS / FedEx / DHL / US Postal Service on orders, basic shop maintenance, move vehicles around on company property, and other duties as assigned. Forklift Certification is preferred but not required.
• Listening Skills: Material Handlers need to listen to what sort of orders are needed and pick the right materials.
• Strength and Stamina: Material handlers routinely pick up and move heavy objects. Must be able to lift 50 pounds individually and 100 pounds with assistance.
• Basic math and computer skills.
• A high school diploma or GED is required.
• Training is done on the job.
• Knowledge of pallet jacks, forklifts and dollies is a plus though not a requirement.
Set Hours — Monday through Friday 5:00AM to 3:30PM and Saturdays 5:00AM to 11:00AM
$13 to $16 per hour to start, based on experience
Medical/dental/vision/life/short term disability/critical illness/AD&D insurance available. 401k retirement plan. Discount programs including new vehicles. Paid time off, 10 holidays per year.
High School Diploma — High School Diploma or GED is required
Louisville — 5620 Fern Valley Road, Louisville, Kentucky 40228
Apply online at http://www.readingequipment.com/about/careers then complete required online assessment test at https://readingtruckgroup.selectrakonline.com/apply. You may also submit a resume directly to Michael McGill, Human Resources Generalist at email@example.com or apply in person at 5620 Fern Valley Road between 8:00am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Call (502) 230-0521 for more information.