Reading Truck Equipment
Installation / upfit of custom aftermarket truck bodies onto truck chassis from Ford, GM, and Ram. Work involves use of basic hand tools, air tools, and other shop equipment such as cranes, jacks, lifts, sheet metal brake, drill press, etc. May involve basic fabrication, welding or modification of parts or materials. Some knowledge of vehicle wiring, hydraulic systems, air / pneumatic systems is helpful. Auto mechanic or auto body technician experience, industrial maintenance/repair, fabrication, skilled assembly / production, manufacturing technology experience is also applicable. Work involves lifting 50 pounds individually and up to 100 pounds team lift. Experience with vehicle decals or paint procedures is also a bonus. Positions require following written work orders, parts requisitions, and technical drawings or instructions. Installation technicians work in teams of up to 6 on a project.
• Basic mechanical knowledge-hydraulics, electrical
• Basic welding skills, or willingness to participate in weld training program; weld certification preferred
• Ability to operate power hand tools and air tools
• Must have their own set of hand tools and a tool box
• Be able to lift 50 pounds individually and 100 pounds with assistance. Good attendance and a willingness to learn are important for success in this role. Ability to work well with others is a plus.
Set Hours — Monday through Friday 5:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Saturdays 5:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
$16 to $19 per hour to start, based on experience
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS.Medical/dental/vision/life/short term disability/critical illness/AD&D insurance available.401k retirement plan. Discount programs including new vehicles. Paid time off, 10 holidays per year.
High School Diploma — High School Diploma or GED is required
Louisville — 5620 Fern Valley Road, Louisville, KY 40228
Apply online at http://www.readingequipment.com/about/careers then complete required online assessment test at https://readingtruckgroup.selectrakonline.com/apply. You may also submit a resume directly to Michael McGill, Human Resources Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at 5620 Fern Valley Road between 8:00am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Call (502) 230-0521 for more information.