Higher Level Basketball
Higher Level Basketball (HLB) is seeking basketball coaches (and aspiring coaches) for
head and assistant coaching positions with our 2019 Spring Middle & High School Teams. These are part-time, seasonal positions & a great way to supplement income for a limited number of hours.
Middle School: 2 Head coaches - 8th Gold level; 5th Intermediate level; 2 Staff Assistants
High School: 1 Head coach; 1 Assistant
We seek candidates who possess the following characteristics:
• Highly dependable & accountable—detail oriented
• Self-motivated. QUALIFICATIONS expected of all HLB coaches:
• Organized and manage time well
• Good communication skills
• Professional appearance
DUTIES: On-floor coaching, including coordination, teaching and supervision of drill work. Regular attendance at practices and games, including those on the road if for high school travel teams. Development of, or assistance with, preparation plans for practices and games. Attendance at staff meetings and training sessions at regular intervals.
Flexible - Will work with applicant — Hours vary dependent on team/level: Middle school approximately 4-6 hrs per week. High school 5-8 hours per week.
Stipends range $350 (Asst) to $800 (Head)
• The chance to advance in an expanding company, including opportunities to join our skill instruction staff or one of our new market development teams
• Outstanding Networking opportunities in coaching & athletics, including non-coaching positions, such as athletic administration, facility management and sports marketing. HLB has had great success in helping advance coaches to both coaching and sports administration positions.
• Our coaches are offered real-world advising and guidance on careers/positions in the coaching & athletics professions through letters of reference/recommendations, resume/networking assistance and position evaluation skill development.
No education requirement
Forward resume/email of interest stating your interest, a brief summary of why you would make a good coach to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. We will begin reviewing, interviewing and hiring starting 3/1/19 through 3/10/19. Candidates with experience in coaching and/or playing at the high school level or above will be given top preference, but we provide training/support to ALL levels of coaches. Former college or high school coaches, former college or high school players are most preferred, but all backgrounds encouraged to apply if you have a passion for the game and for helping young people.