Pillar(formerly Apple Patch)
PILLAR...Apple Patch has a new name but the same big heart!
Pillar's main office is located in Crestwood, KY with over 20 independent living residences in the Louisville area.
Pillar supports individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and helping them lead fulfilling lives. Direct Support Professional provides one-on-one, individualized support for participants to take charge of their own lives by teaching them skills that will enable them to be more independent within their home and community. Employees assist participants with: developing friendships, volunteering their time to support others, learning skills of money management and budgeting, remaining physically active and healthy, and promoting regular community engagement. Creatively enabling participants to meet their own goals in a variety of community locations is an amazing opportunity to make a direct impact in the life of another!
This job will challenge you in many ways but will give so much in return.
Enjoy a meaningful and purposeful position with Pillar.
In collaboration with the House Manager, develops and maintains a schedule of activities based upon the interest of the residents.
- Assist residents in the development of daily living, social, recreational, and leisure skills.
- Prepare or assist residents to prepare healthy meals following a menu.
- Maintain cleanliness of the living unit and assists residents in their efforts to maintain the cleanliness of their individual rooms and common areas.
- Assist with individual hygiene needs, including bathing, toileting, oral hygiene; etc. as needed.
- Follow individual service plans for each individual client.
- Maintain a daily log of participant progress and activities.
- Administer medications and documents having done so in the MAR (Medication Administration Record).
- Offer basic first aid as needed.
- Regularly attend required training and staff meetings.
- Complete other documentation as required including incident reports and medication error reports.
- Perform the essential functions of the role, with or without accommodation, which include: lifting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing. A complete listing of essential physical requirements will be provided during the interview process.
- Must have a GED and some college preferred
- Prior experience a plus, but more importantly is the desire to serve others with a big heart.
Full-time and/or Part-time
Flexible - Will work with applicant — We offer 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities.
Fulltime (30-40 hours per week) - Great benefits and perks
Part-time - Fabulous opportunity to work 2-3 days per week and continue your studies in college, spend time with your family, and be part of a team.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K/403b Plan
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
No education requirement
Louisville — Pillar serves Louisville and five surrounding counties.