Apple Patch Community, Inc.
Apple Patch helps intellectually and developmentally disabled individuals lead fulfilling lives. Drivers pick up participants at their homes and take them to and from the Community Enrichment Centers. Transportation is a vital service that includes developing skills to support, engage, and enhance the lives of the people we serve. Drivers are responsible for transporting clients in a safe and timely manner according to regulations of Federated Transportation Services of the Bluegrass (FTSB) and Apple Patch procedures. This job will ask all of you in challenging ways but will give so much in return. Enjoy a meaningful and purposeful position with Apple Patch.
The Qualities of a successful Direct Support Professional
• Caring and Compassionate (Kind, Understanding, Gentle)
• Honest and Loyal (Trustworthy, Have Integrity, Dedicated)
• Flexible and Dependable (Responsible, Adaptable, Consistent)
• Creative and Shows Initiative
• Hard-working and Team Player (Are Active and Can Multi-task)
• Able and Interested in Learning New Skills (Curious and Adventurous)
• Good at Communicating (Attentive and Engaging)
• Respectful (Accepting of Others as They Are; Respectful of boundaries)
• Enthusiastic (Fun-loving, Outgoing, Have a Sense of Humor)
• Produce Quality Work (Accurate, Organized, Independent)
• Able to Demonstrate Good Judgment
Organizational Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports the mission, vision, and philosophy of Apple Patch. Facilitates and supports the implementation of policies and procedures.
2. Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting: Individual maturity, respect for others, a team-centered approach, maintenance of confidential information, and an appreciation of a multicultural workplace.
4. Exhibits effective communication skills.
5. Participates in appropriate professional development to attain and maintain competency.
6. Effectively manages financial and physical resources to achieve Apple Patch's objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reports accidents and client incidents in a timely manner.
2. Arrives to work on time to prepare vehicle for transportation runs.
3. Arrives on time for scheduled pick up of clients.
4. Treats clients and staff with dignity and respect.
5. Assists passengers in the process of being seated including fastening seat belts
6. Provides assistance with wheelchairs and persons with limited mobility as they enter or exit the vehicle using wheelchair lift.
7. Ensures safety for all, including self,(seat belts, speed limit, no cell phone usage, etc.)
8. Complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
9. Maintain communication at all times through the two-way communication system.
10. Communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and supervisor.
11. Keep vehicles and work space clean and well maintained.
12. In the event of a medical emergency, driver pulls over and call 911.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED required. Previous experience working with individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities preferred.
Must possess a current and valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record.
Must have basic computer competency.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, and crouch, talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to judge distance and read road signs.
Must be able to work the required hours to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level is usually moderate.
Full-time and/or Part-time
Flexible - Will work with applicant
Paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
Referral Bonus Program
Health Insurance for Full-time (at least 30 hours per week)
Paid $25,000 Life Insurance for Full-Time
Paid Employee Assistance Program
No information available