The Borgen Project
Location: Nationwide (Telecommute Volunteer Role)
Hours: 4-6 hours per week
You don’t need to be a lobbyist to help influence foreign policy. As a Regional Director, you’ll serve as a Borgen Project Ambassador in your city – mobilizing your friends, family and colleagues to contact Congress in support of key poverty reduction legislation.
• Meet with local congressional leaders and lobby for legislation that improves living conditions for the world’s poor.
• Mobilize people in your community to contact their congressional leaders to support poverty reduction legislation.
• Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
• Build a network of people engaged in the cause.
• Serve as The Borgen Project’s ambassador in your city.
• Basic understanding of U.S. Politics and international development.
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing their work time efficiently.
• Strong team player that loves to bring new ideas to the table.
• Ability to demonstrate frequent independent judgment with decisiveness.
• Excellent overall communication skills: oral, written, presentation
Flexible - Will work with applicant
No education requirement
Other — nationwide