As pioneers at heart, we explore what’s next in metals production. We are driven to pioneer new solutions that will define tomorrow’s world of metals. It is Primetals Technologies' mission to provide the best-possible support to metals producers around the world in all kinds of scenarios: from turn-key projects and the installation of new production lines to upgrades and metallurgical services, we build close partnerships with our customers to ensure that their operations remain profitable for years to come. We stand at the forefront of innovation for the global steel industry—for our customers, who expect us to push the boundaries of steel production. This is who we are, and this is what we stand for. Responsibilities –
• Receives, stores, and issues parts and specialty hand tools, machine tools, materials, and equipment.
• Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of tools and equipment.
• Prepares inventory records and reports
• Reports and investigates discrepancies in stock counts.
• Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming parts, tools and equipment, and requisitions stock to replenish inventory.
• May repair, service, and lubricate tools and equipment, using hand tools, or spray gun.
• May deliver parts, tools or equipment to workers, manually or using hand truck.
• Mark and identify parts, tools and equipment, using identification tags, stamps, or electric marking tool.
• Maintain orderly and debris-free inventory stock room.
• May prepare shipping documents.
• Operate forklift, overhead crane, jib crane, straps and rigging for lifting, pallet truck and banding tool as necessary
The Primetals Ghent, KY facility conducts industrial maintenance and reconditioning of conventional and new state-of-the-art slab casting equipment for sheet-steel producer Nucor Gallatin. The facility also offers engineering services, in-plant laser measurement services, plant millwright services, mechanical machining, fabrication and welding services. Our expertise and technological advancements for the maintenance, repair and manufacture of continuous casting equipment, mold, segment, roll and related components allow us to provide our customers with an exceptional value in workmanship and quality assurance.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
• Current, valid driver license
• Proven ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
• High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
Set Hours — Currently 9 hour shifts with rotating days off
Competive wages based on experience
$5000 Sign-on Bonus.
Primetals Technologies offers a full range of benefits starting with first day of employment, including
o Insurance – Medical, dental, vision accident, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life & accidental death
o Financial – Tool purchase program, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, education reimbursement, quarterly bonus, and employee referral bonuses.
No education requirement
Other — Ghent, KY
To apply for an open position, go to: https://mhicareers.com
1) In the SEARCH BY LOCATION field, enter the city and state you are interested in.
- Ghent, KY
2) Select SEARCH JOBS
3) Scroll down the page to see all open positions in the location
4) By clicking on the position name/title you will see the job description and minimum requirements
5) Select APPLY NOW
6) Log in, or if you do not already have an account, select “Create an account”.
At Primetals Technologies, we value difference for the benefit of our Employees, our Customers and our Community. Primetals Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.