Springdale Automotive Centers
Springdale Automotive Centers are a local, family-owned business looking for qualified and motivated technicians wanting to make a life and a career in the automotive industry. Whatever you drive, We service. Domestic, Euro, Electric, Classic & Diesel. Springdale Automotive Centers employs certified technicians in each automotive division. We are looking for the next generation of technicians to grow with our company! Applicants must be proficient with electrical and drivability diagnostics. We provide numerous scan tool platforms but require technicians to provide their own hand tools and toolboxes.
We make it our top priority to stay up to date with all the latest automotive technology, equipment, and scan tools. We provide each Technician with an Android tablet to perform their Digital Vehicle Inspections and a computer workstation to access other automotive programs. We pay for training for all our employees to help them reach their goals and reach top level certifications. The programs we currently utilize in our company are:
• Protractor – Point of Sale System (Mitchell 1 is built into Protractor)
• Autotext.me – Digital Vehicle Inspections & Customer Service Experience
• Alldata – Automotive Repair Information & Diagnostic Tools
• Identifix - Automotive Repair Information & Diagnostic Tools
• Autologic – OE Diagnostic Software. Job Responsibilities:
1. Test Drive Vehicle - Test drive each vehicle assigned to you for the first physical inspection of the vehicle.
2. Digital Vehicle Inspections - Once test drive is done; you will complete a digital vehicle inspection for each customer assigned to you which includes taking pictures and video and documenting any issues found while inspecting the vehicle. This process does not include diagnosis. This step is completed on the Multi-Point Inspection in autotext.me accessible through your tablet or cell phone.
3. Approved Work - When the DVI is complete you will submit it to the Service Advisor. They will make sure the DVI is presentable and estimate the services and present the recommended services to the customer. Once the services are approved, the Service Advisor will order the parts and keep you informed along the repair process. You will not perform additional work on the specified customer’s vehicle until instructed to do so by the Service Advisor. If you need additional time to diagnose and issue, let the Service Advisor know and they will get more time approved from the customer.
4. Parts, fluids, shop supplies – Once the parts arrive for your job, the Service Advisor will check in and receive the parts. The Service Advisor will bring the parts to you with a Technician Instructions Work Order. If you require any fluids or shop supplies to complete the job, you will request these from the Service Advisor, and they will bring these to you.
5. Quality Control – Once the job is complete you will perform another test drive to confirm that the vehicle runs smoothly and there are no issues. You will complete the Quality Control Inspection Report in Autotext.me via your tablet or cell phone.
6. Safety & Compliance – Follow the safety procedures and protocol set forth in the shop for tools & equipment. Always wear the proper safety guards and take the proper safety precautions when repairing and operating automotive equipment.
7. Attendance & Punctuality – Work your schedule Monday – Friday 7:45 – 5:15. Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled work time to prepare for the day and if necessary, stay 15 minutes after to help wrap up the day. Make sure to clock in when you arrive to work. Clock out and in for lunch and back out at the end of the day. Your clocked hours are important to keep accurate so that your overtime calculates correctly. (Overtime over 2 hours must be approved by the Manager).
8. Uniforms – Springdale Automotive pays for all employee’s uniforms and Springdale gear. You must be in your uniform and approved Springdale gear during scheduled work hours.
9. Shop Culture – Positive attitude in the workplace in a must! Be a team player and give 100% at work. We are one big family, and we all strive to help each other within the shop and between our multiple locations. We truly want our employees to feel like family and enjoy where they work.
Valid Drivers License.
Automotive hand tools and toolbox.
Set Hours — Monday - Friday, 7:45 am - 5:15 pm. NO WEEKENDS!
Flat Rate Pay starting at $30.00.
Springdale Automotive Centers provides long term disability coverage for all employees and contributes towards medical insurance. Dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance are also available. In addition, retirement investment with employer matching up to 3% percentage of income. Holidays are paid after probationary period of 90 days and paid vacation starts after 6 months of employment. Uniforms are also paid for by the Company!
Certificate — ASE Certifications are a plus.
Louisville — We have 4 locations in Louisville.