The Audit Intern is responsible for performing audits under the supervision of a full-time auditor. The Audit Intern is also responsible for assisting in general audit functions including legal and regulatory compliance monitoring and data compilation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in planning work on assigned segments of the assigned audit.
• Assist in performing the audit in accordance with the approved program and in a professional manner.
• Review transactions, documents, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness
• Prepare acceptable working papers which record and summarize data on assigned audit segment.
• Assist in the performance of special reviews at the request of management.
• Typical audits performed include: Review of 10Q, 10K, annual report and proxy, audit of balance sheet and income statement accounts and audits of banking center operations.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated ability in Word, Excel, and Internet applications.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Must have good time management and organizational skills.
• Must be able to multi-task and be detail oriented.
• Must approach tasks with a sense of urgency and adhere to assigned deadlines.
• Must have effective communication (written and verbal) skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Set Hours — Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
Competitive Benefits Package
High School Diploma
Active pursuit of Accounting, Finance or related degree or equivalent experience required.
Principles of Accounting I and II, Intermediate Accounting helpful.
Go to https://www.republicbank.com/careers. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities