The Assistant Banking Officer (ABO) is responsible for working with one or more Banking Officers to facilitate the ongoing business development and operational activities of those officers. This position is primarily responsible for supporting the lending platform and process from origination of loan applications through closing, management of maturities and renewals and other portfolio management requirements assigned by officer(s). Additionally, the Assistant Banking Officer will also support the commercial loan processing, funding and post-closing tasks for the Market by working with centralized Commercial Processing within the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contact and meet with clients/prospects to collect the necessary information to process a loan request. This may involve taking a loan application(s), opening new account(s), and retrieving information on file from the Bank’s imaging system.
• Prepare and review with clients any necessary documents at time of loan application, adhering to any Republic Bank compliance standards.
• Assist the Banking Officers in achieving all sales efforts, follow up on all client impacted sales initiatives involving the Bank’s systems and promote a great client experience with Republic Bank.
• Process loan requests in conjunction with our centralized processing / underwriting area, maintaining contact with our clients and the Bank officer who initiated the loan.
• May be responsible for typing loan documents for client closings.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of Republic’s loan and deposit products and matrix guidelines.
• Handle client inquiries; help with problem solving, research and customer service.
• Review closing settlement statements prior to closing and go over with client, if requested.
• Work and renew all matured loans and look for other opportunities to cross sell.
• Coordinate with loan officers, attorneys and others to facilitate closings; ensure closings are being set in a timely manner.
• Review loan for proper approval and processing completion; knowledge of proper commercial loan documentation necessary to protect the Bank.
• Prepare all documentation for extensions, modifications, and new commercial loans.
• Ensures that all loans are being disbursed properly, meet compliance guidelines, & completed in a timely manner.
• Review all commercial loan packages for proper documentation, determine if all commercial loan-closing documents were returned, and comply with the Quality Review Checklist.
• Determine and clear doc prep exceptions, track for trailing items.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel may be required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
• Sales and customer service skills preferred.
• Minimum 2 years banking experience in processing retail and/or commercial loans required. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skill for effective interactions with clients.
• Proficiently communicate with branch personnel, loan officers, commercial lending staff, attorneys, etc.
• Detailed oriented with ability to multi-task.
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Competitive Benefits Package
High School Diploma — High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Other — Crestview Hills, KY
https://www.republicbank.com/careers. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities