The Commercial Real Estate Review Specialist is responsible for completion of an independent review of real estate appraisals and evaluations of Bank real estate collateral. Specialist must be familiar with and must ensure reviews are compliant with internal and regulatory appraisal and evaluation policies and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitor all departmental reports (listed below but not all inclusive)
• Monitor and maintain the approved commercial appraiser vendor lists.
• Prepare review reports of external appraisal or evaluation reports.
• Prepare re-validations of prior appraisals on loan extensions, modifications, and renewals.
• Prepare internal real estate evaluations, as needed.
• Participate in meetings with the Quality Control Manager to discuss review topics/issues.
• Participate in Special Projects as needed.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
• Travel between Republic Banking Facilities may be required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
• 3 years of real estate appraisal or appraisal review experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in Word, Excel, and Internet applications required. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills for interaction with banking officers/management to discuss loan relationships and resolve related issues.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Competitive Benefits Package
Bachelor Degree — Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience required.
https://www.republicbank.com/careers. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities