Ohio Valley Educational Cooperative Head Start Program
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Floater will assist with providing classroom coverage and maintain classroom ratios while teaching staff take required breaks.
• Know Head Start Performance Standards as well as Kentucky Childcare Licensing regulations and Head Start and OVEC Policies and Procedures.
• Know and understand Child Care Licensing, STARS, ITERS (Infant Toddler Environmental Rating Scale), and ECERS (Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale) as applicable to position.
• Assist the Teacher or Primary Caregiver in implementation of daily curriculum.
• Use daily routines as teachable moments.
• Assist in maintaining a clean and organized classroom.
• Participate and interact with children
• Provide for the health and safety of children.
• Participate in all trainings and staff meetings sponsored by agency or recommended trainings for professional learning.
• Promote personal care routines including toileting and/or diapering, hand washing, brushing teeth, and other preventative health practices.
• Additional duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: Annual contract with a maximum contract of 251 days. Contract days will vary according to Full Day Full Year, Center Base, or Early Head Start option. Salary based on experience in accordance to OVEC’s Head Start/Early Head Start Classified Schedule.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience working with pre-school children or infants and toddlers desired.
The Floater must be able to stand, sit, bend and walk for periods of time to meet job requirements. Must have physical and TB test, and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must possess a valid driver’s license, automobile liability insurance and have reliable transportation. All Head Start positions must clear and pass state criminal history records check and sex offender registry check prior to hire date and pass Child Abuse and Neglect state registry check (CAN) within 90 days of hire.
$10.30 per hour
High School Diploma
Other — Bullitt County