A temporary position (up to 6 month) starting on or about 2/15/2021. The assignment will include working up to 6 days a week, KY, area for JIER North America of Plymouth, Michigan. Will be working with a senior program manager, contractors, and customer during the project.
Project Management Tasks Include:
• Attend daily safety and line up meetings
• Ensure the work area is clean and all safety processes are being followed and
adhered to by all.
• Help with daily planning of tasks from established timeline
• Track project status accomplishments to schedule, identify delays early utilizing
• Help identify bottlenecks, manpower, equipment, customer delays, etc.
• Communicate delays for the project progress
• Respond to customer requests with JIER management input
• Work with contractors to eliminate delays
• Help to improve timing with contractor input
• Report out project progress to customer representative
• Prepare report out documents as required
• Update project documents
• Track costs to the installation budget utilizing excel budget spreadsheet.
• Other tasks as required.
To begin the project work, the candidate must meet minimum education and experience level described section below and be able to perform the following required tasks:
• Pass standard drug screening test to be submitted to customer
• Attend and pass Customer Safety Classes, usually video presentations
• Utilize the standard Microsoft Suite of programs: Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, etc.…
• Be able to work in a noisy industrial environment, where caution must be utilized at all
times to avoid possible slip and fall hazards and avoid material handling and other
motorized equipment that travels the plant
• Agree to all customer Safety Regulations that include but are not limited to: Z87 Safety glasses (supplied) worn at all times on plant floor (cannot be colored or sunglasses); walk in pedestrian walkways; hearing protection, (ear plugs, supplied) where required; wearing of hard hat or other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (supplied) ; appropriate clothing, long sleeves, long pants (jeans are best), leather shoes (no
canvas shoes); keep 2 feet away from all forklifts, and other mobilized equipment; NO cell phone use while walking or on the plant floor - may only be used in designated areas. Engineering and or Project Management courses preferred.
Good interpersonal skills to communicate to customer and employees
Temporary / Seasonal
Set Hours — 5 to 6 days per week, 10 hours per day
None, short term employment
Would prefer a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering; however, partial or Associate degree would be accepted.
Louisville — Large Automotive Manufacturing facility
Please send resume and experience information cover sheet to:
HR Manager. JIER North America. morgan_sue@jier -na.com