Blessings in a Backpack
Blessings in a Backpack (Blessings) mobilizes communities, individuals and resources to provide food on the weekends for elementary school children across America who might otherwise go hungry. Each week of the school year, Blessings and its thousands of volunteers and partners send a bag of food home with children who, during the week, are at risk of going hungry when school meals are unavailable.
During the 2018-2019 school year, approximately 87,000 children at over 1,000 schools nationally received a Blessings bag each week.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the full-time Data Management Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the organization with entry and maintenance of data into systems and creating and generating reports to be used by the Finance, Fund Development and Program Teams in the organization. The detail-oriented candidate will have experience with data management and have a minimum of two years’ experience in an accounting/finance position or related field. Position will temporarily be operating remotely (due to COVID) but will ultimately be based in our Louisville, KY office.
• Entering and processing donor data from multiple sources (cash, check, credit cards, ACH, social media accounts, matching gift and corporate payroll accounts, etc.) to the Client Relationship Management Software (CRM) – Blackbaud.
• Researching donations received via social media such as Facebook and Instagram for proper accounting coding.
• Assisting the Fund Development and Managing Director teams with maintaining and updating data in the CRM, such as contact information, gift coding, action tracking, appeals, and assigned solicitors.
• Managing the donor recognition process to ensure donors are recognized as outlined in the organization’s donor recognition matrixes by preparing donor recognition lists for the Fund Development, Managing Director, and Marketing teams.
• Prepare mailing lists for donor communications and import them back into the CRM.
• Create and manage fundraising revenue and donor dashboards and reports, including pipeline tracking, revenue forecasting, and relationship analysis.
• Assisting the Accounting Manager in maintaining and updating program data in the CRM and General Ledger Software.
• Assisting the Director of Accounting in monthly analysis of program growth, attrition, program balances and expenses to date and following up with Program Team staff regarding needed action steps.
• Assisting the Managing Director Team by creating and generating monthly dashboard reports on program statistics such as number of children served, and funds raised. Run monthly reports such as actual vs. budget Income Statements and detailed reports of fund balances.
Basic Requirements: Minimum two years’ experience in a finance/accounting position.
• Knowledge of and high proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel required.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• In depth knowledge of social media sites and how they operate.
• Superior project management and time management skills.
• Great attention to detail in order to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated, while temporarily working remotely (due to COVID).
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to staff, volunteers, and donors in a positive, professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and team environment.
• Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements and conflict of interest policies.
• Prior experience with Blackbaud database and general ledger software is a plus.
• Ability to learn new technologies as needed.
Ability to operate general office equipment and to travel to other Blessings offices as needed. Background check is required.
Set Hours — Office hours expected to be held between 9am-5pm EST.
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid time off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Paid Winter Break, Summer Fridays, FSA Plan, 403(b) Plan. Short Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance.
Associate Degree — Associates degree with a major in business or related field of study.
Interested individuals should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. It is our policy as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer to provide to all qualified persons and to administer all aspects and conditions of employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military service in employment, marital status, genetic information, parental status, pregnancy, and/or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.