Home of the Innocents
The general purpose of your job is to keep children who are clients of HOTI safe at all times and to be respectful of the children and their families as valued customers. The primary purpose of your job position is to maintain the grounds, facility, equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by your supervisor, to assure that a successful maintenance program is maintained at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure that maintenance schedules are followed and Coordinate daily maintenance services as needed.
• Attend departmental meetings, trainings and participate in OSHA & CDC in-services as needed.
• Follow all safety policies and procedure at all times and use appropriate safety equipment when needed.
• Maintain campus and work areas in a safe manner. (Daily)
• Follow all sanitation procedures throughout campus. (Daily)
• Work in conjunction with each department to ensure all needs are met. (Daily)
• Track and report maintenance supply needs and ensure everything is cleaned and properly stored. (Daily)
• Report equipment malfunctions and breakdowns as soon as possible.
• Perform maintenance schedules, routines and instructions given by supervisor, as directed.
• Complete 75% of assigned work orders within 5 working days.
• Turn in all found articles to supervisor, as needed.
• On-the-job training provided.
• Previous experience in general maintenance skills are essential.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
• Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
• Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of maintenance work areas.
• Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
• Must have the ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
• Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing maintenance practices.
• Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
• Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
• Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
• Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents/personnel.
• Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
Physical requirements: • Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately.
• Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a minimum height of three feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of six feet.
• May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
Set Hours — Monday through Friday: 8a - 5p. Rotating on-call weekend rotation between Tech's
The Home offers a family friendly atmosphere with outstanding benefits that include an option for FREE health insurance ( single coverage for employee only). Other benefits include health insurance, life, and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan and up to 25-30 paid days off per year.
High School Diploma — Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent. Years of applicable experience may substitute. Trade and vocation school training is preferred.
Send resume directly to Courtney Murdock - email@example.com.