The Disclosure Specialist is responsible for reviewing and locking rate requests for Retail Mortgage or Home Equity loans and sending required disclosures per Regulation Z (RESPA). Additionally, this position is also responsible for updating all data within accordance with the written procedures for Loan Operations and once the required file review is complete the associate will update Loan Quest on a new loan submission by directing electronic documents to the correct folders for review by the entire lending staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for capturing the file from the Lending Officer at the time they have completed the loan application request.
• May be responsible for locking rate requests for Retail Mortgage loans or Home Equity loans.
• May be responsible for disclosure requests for Retail Mortgage loans or Home Equity loans.
• Follow all procedural guidelines set by management and ensure that Guidelines are being followed.
• Maintain knowledge of loan programs offered through the bank (i.e.: Conventional, Portfolio, Equity, FHA, KHC and VA loans).
• Work with any Retail Mortgage Loan rate requests that are outside the policies and procedures established for the Rate Desk.
• Work with Loan Officer, Processor and Vendor Manager to clear up any erred rate lock requests.
• Work with new compliance regulations as released to ensure that all aspects of job function are covered and being produced properly.
• Prepare all upfront regulatory documents for the client within the time allotted and regulatory guidelines.
• Review the application to the QC procedures and report any findings to your manager for tracking purposes.
• Responsible for placing orders with Appraiser (Southwest), Title Company, Flood, and Insurance Agents. And any other items needed for each loan.
• Ensure all HMDA data is current and correct at the submission of the loan application.
• Assist in managing and organizing electronic documentation on mortgage files by creating item in Loan Quest and forwarding onto underwriting for approval.
• Assist with correctly renaming and moving documents to the correct folders within Loan Quest.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required. **The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Minimum 1 year mortgage loan operations and/or lending processing experience required.
Thorough knowledge of mortgage loan documents and processes.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Internet applications. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with clients, associates, and vendors and/or resolve problems or complaints.
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency; ability to work with situations on a “rush” notice.
• Must be organized and be able to multi-task
• Excellent ability to deal with clients issues, questions and/or complaints.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Set Hours — Requires a flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime work.
Competitive Benefits Package
https://www.republicbank.com/careers. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities