Nixon Power Services
Service Technician B is an intermediate-level technician position. The position has the technical understanding of generator repair and operation to perform simple repairs and preventative maintenance.
The position reports to the Service Manager in the Service department and routinely interacts with customers both external and internal.
Responsibilities require a specific focus on proven process and procedure in order to:
• Perform major and minor preventative maintenance on most generator models
• Perform minor unit repairs
• Identify additional repair needs including replacement of belts, hoses and batteries
• Follow safety requirements, including proper use of protective equipment
• Safely drive a service vehicle and pull a trailer, as necessary
• Carry out instructions given in written, oral or diagram form
• Problem-solve and make logical decisions
• Be self-motivated
• Clean driving record
• Ability to travel. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Use hands/fingers handle, or feel
• Reach with hands and arms
• Stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
• Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. (and occasionally up to 100 lbs.)
• Hook up a trailer to a service vehicle
• Be exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions (extreme heat and cold), and risk of electrical shock.
Based on experience and expertise.
Full-time benefits include: Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term disability, paid vacation, sick time, etc. after 90 days of employment
High School Diploma — High school diploma or GED certificate; and training from accredited technical school specializing in diesel or gas engines, or honorable military discharge with a duty assignment related to vehicle or power generation equipment service.
Louisville — Louisville, KY region
Apply online at our website: https://www.nixonpower.com/careers/openPositions.aspx.