Lantech is the premier manufacturer in stretch wrapping machines in the United States and in case handling machines in the Netherlands. We have sales and technical support offices in North America, Europe, Australia, and China as well as a global network of independent distributors, integrators and service technicians. Where our customers are, we are.
The Part Time Safety Associate will assist the Lantech Safety Team in providing a safe and healthy working environment to approx. 430 associates. This is a chance for the right student to apply their knowledge and gain valuable experience in a complex manufacturing environment. This person will be a valuable contributor to the Lantech Safety Program.
• Perform Job Safety Analyses (JSA) for duties of work areas, documentation files, and safety record keeping systems.
• Research hazards and respective controls to develop proposals for process improvements.
• Will take the lead on implementation of improvements. Will work with internal improvement team to implement countermeasures.
• Research and develop safety procedures for assigned tasks, under the supervision and guidance of Lantech’s safety team.
• Assess ergonomic hazards as part of the Lantech Safety Team.
• Must be resourceful with ability to research / gather date from OSHA.gov. standards
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word applications
• Must be able to complete Lantech forklift certification.
• Must be detail-oriented and possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail required.
• Must be team oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Flexible - Will work with applicant
This is a part time position, no insurance/PTO is offered. We offer a great culture and casual dress code!
Some college — Working towards a degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics, Human Resources, or closely related discipline.