Ghirardelli Chocolate Co.
Ghirardelli's employees are the face of our company. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic supervisor to be a brand ambassador. Over the past 48 years, our Restaurant and Retail division has evolved from a single soda fountain and retail store in San Francisco into a dynamic department, with over 700 colleagues. We believe our vision is changing the way the consumer experiences chocolate and we believe that Ghirardelli makes life a bite better!
The Supervisor will be responsible and accountable for various aspects of managing our store and upholding the high standards of the company and its reputation. The ideal candidate will ensure that the store delivers excellent customer service, maximizes financial return, and fosters an environment that makes Ghirardelli a great place to work for our employees. JOB DESCRIPTION: *Ensures the well-being of store and its employees through effective management of safety and risk, including prevention, escalation, and response
*Effectively and timely communicates with all levels of the organization by following company standards of team-building, recognition, and professionalism
*Works closely with store personnel, general manager, store and division management teams, and Ghirardelli corporate liaisons, such as human resources, IT, finance, and payroll. Restaurant and Retail Operations: * Effectively prioritizes daily store activities under the direction of the general manager
* Manages operations of total sales floor or sales units (e.g., cash/wrap, retail, or fountain areas) and ensures Chocolateers and optimizing resources and strategically placed
* Serves a principal point of contact with Corporate employees and outside vendors if no management members are present at the store, especially while covering absences, vacations, and leaves
* Upholds the values of exemplary customer service by modeling behavior and leadership
Monitors sales and labor cost issues in real-time with a goal to maximize profitability without sacrificing customer service
* Responds in a timely manner to all escalated customer service issues
* Maintains high standards of cleanliness, food/product safety, and branding requirements, including monitoring of communications with guests regarding allergens ensuring company policy is strictly followed
* Properly uses MICROS system and its functionality
* People Management
* Assists with payroll, scheduling, interviewing, selection, in-service training, under the auspices of the general manager and in conjunction with the human resources and payroll departments
* Develops Chocolateers using coaching, mentoring, and empowerment practices
* Handles basic Chocolateer employee relations functions, including discipline or suspensions as needed under the direction of the general manager
* Serves as a general resource and role model for Chocolateers.
One or more years of related experience in a fast-paced restaurant or retail environment with six or more months as a supervisor preferred
Other — Hours vary
$15.00 per hour
Full-time employees qualify for benefits when they meet eligibility requirements. Perk - 50% discount on our Retail chocolate products!
High School Diploma
Other — The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass - Simpsonville, KY