Protegis Fire & Security
The Lab Repair Technician is responsible for repairing a variety of Fire Alarm Systems from component level repairs to cleaning smoke detectors, pull stations, strobes and any other applicable devices pertaining to a Fire Alarm System. Must be able to test, diagnose, and identify problems within an alarm system and the best course of action to repair the problem. Must have good verbal and written communication skills to report findings, problems and solutions to the Lab Manager, Sales Department, and Customers when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be able to identify parts of a Fire Alarm Panel.
• Repair and test defective parts of an electronic circuit.
• Test the functions of a Fire Alarm Panel.
• Learn new products and train other technicians when required.
• Offer technical support to customers when needed.
• Able to replace through hole and surface mount components.
• Repair parts efficiently without sacrificing quality workmanship.
• Able to work in a team environment to increase parts and knowledge of each panel.
• Email Sales Department about warranty results, items that are unable to be repaired,
and any other issues with each order.
• Build “Carts” as required for testing and training purposes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge in electronics repair industry.
• Able to identify electronic components and how to test them.
• Able to use a volt meter, Weller soldering station and microscopes.
• Strong computer skills, specifically including Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel.
• Previous experience working in a team environment.
• Able to use tools required to perform repairs and testing.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and follow up with supervisors on completion of tasks.
• Ability to stay focused and learn new equipment.
• Able to be a self-starter once a project is assigned.
• Must be able to lift 25 to 50 lbs.
$35,000-$41,000 based on experience
• Basic life policy and long-term disability provided for all employees at no cost
• Voluntary benefits: medical, vision, dental, life and short-term disability
• 401(k) available with company match
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Possibilities for career development in a growing and dynamic company with a culture
that actively promotes from within
Associate Degree — Prefer an Associate's Degree in Electronics, Information Technology, or job-related work experience.
Please send your resume, or an email highlighting your experience along with your availability to: email@example.com. *Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Equal Opportunity Employer