voestalpine Roll Forming Corporation
Seeking experienced and certified NDT inspectors for 2nd shift production support for our Aerospace division.
Uses NDT methods to test and/or accept welded products, components, materials and assemblies to assure conformance with applicable customer specifications and requirements. Nondestructive testing (NDT) is to include Liquid Penetrant Inspection, Ultrasonic Inspection, and Digital Radiography Inspection. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Demonstrate ability to perform all NDT inspections/functions of a Level II per RFC’s written procedures.
• Conduct NDT inspections for the acceptance of parts and provide identification of material failure within company policy.
• Assist in auditing of NDT processes to ensure compliance to AS9100 and NADCAP.
• Perform duties as the Level II to comply with NAS 410, SOP-QA-024, and customer specification requirements.
• Maintain current visual acuity examinations.
• Understand and follow appropriate SOPs and W.I.’s.
• Serve as wing bend operator and be qualified in such operation.
• Assist with hands on NDT Training for Level I NDT Technicians.
• Meet NDT Level II qualifications outlined in the NAS410 and RFC’s written practice.
• Responsible for marking all laser welding work with issued Certified Weld Inspector – Certified stamp per BAC 5307.
• Perform Visual Weld Inspection for Butt and Seam Welded Assemblies.
• Laser welding of Titanium (BAC 5975, BAC 5686).
• Understanding of specific inspection methods. Penetrate (BAC 5423), Ultrasonic (BAC 5439). Radiography (BAC 7041) and trouble shoot process concerns.
• Maintain certification in Associate Welding Inspector with bi-annual progression to certification in Welding Inspector level.
• Other duties may be assigned. Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Qualifications, Certifications: American Welding Society, Certified Weld Inspector Certification or CAWI certification. The Certified Weld Inspector must meet the following qualifications and certifications: BAC 5975 (Fusion Welding of Metals) & BAC 5686 (Laser Beam Welding of Titanium for Structural Applications); Certified Weld Inspector Vision Requirements - Shall pass an annual vision test consisting of: Near Vision – Jaeger J2 at not less than 16 inches or equivalent. Distance Vision - 20/30. Certified Visual Weld Inspection for Seat Track per WI-MFGA-051. Must meet the NDT Level II qualification in PT, (liquid penetrant) UT (ultrasonic) and RF (radiography) as set forth in NAS-410 and RFC SOP-QA-024. Must also meet requirements for ITAR & EAR as "US Person". Preferences: Candidates with a current CWI and minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience in a technical related position focusing on quality. Experience in FMEAs, Root Cause Analysis, AQP (Advance Quality Planning), SPC, GD&T, Gages, Measuring Instruments, and Blue Print Reading. Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Set Hours — 2nd shift. 4,10-hour shifts. Monday-Thursday, 3:15PM-1:45AM with overtime as needed. $1/hr shift premium adder.
Varies with education and experience
Competitive benefits include insurances (dental, health, vision, life, disability), PTO (vacation, holiday, personal-sick pay, etc.), quarterly profit-share bonus, flexibility with hours when needed, tuition assistance, 401K or 401K Roth plans, Health-Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts.
High School Diploma — HS diploma/GED or two years NDT technical school or equivalent military training, or two years of NDT Level II experience in each method.
Other — Aerospace plant at voestalpine Roll Forming Corp. in Shelbyville, KY
VISIT WWW.RFCORP.COM/CAREERS TO SUBMIT ELECTRONIC APPLICATION. OR PASTE TO BROWSER: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=cd80a0db-72b5-4ec5-b466-835f7055da79&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=258366&source=CC3&lang=en_US. Roll Forming Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Please contact us at RFC.Personnel@voestalpine.com if you require any alternate application form or accommodation during our hiring process due to disability.