voestalpine Roll Forming Corporation
Seeking mechanically-inclined individual to troubleshoot and repair industrial machinery to support manufacturing plant on 2nd shift.
Summary: Under general supervision, repairs and maintains buildings, machinery, and electrical and mechanical equipment. Opportunities will be available for additional training and promotions in this pay-for-skills position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Observes mechanical devises in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble. Dismantles devises to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Repairs and maintains equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturers’ specifications using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Examines form and texture to parts to detect imperfections. Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements using rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments. Repairs or replaces defective parts and installs special functional and structural parts.
- Start devices to test their performance and lubricates and cleans parts and equipment.
- May set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Applies electrical knowledge to test electrical equipment and controls and circuitry to determine causes for malfunction.
- Assembles and tests motor control devices, switch panels, transformers, solenoids, and other electrical equipment and components according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principals.
- Diagnose cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Uses safe working practices and performs work as efficiently as possible.
- Follows good housekeeping practices and performs work to high quality standards.
- Documents work and comply with quality and ISO Standards.
- Completes training on new and existing equipment.
- Uses applicable reference material and at the direction of the supervisor may be required to use specialized reference material.
- May specialize in one or more of the following areas, but would not be required to have specialized knowledge in all areas: mechanical, electrical, electronics, HVAC and hydraulics. In all cases, would have general knowledge of all areas.
- May require assistance of a Maintenance Mechanic A in performance duties in a specific area, or require more assistance and direction from the Maintenance Team Coordinator.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified Applicants Will Have:
* 1- 3 months related experience and/or training
* HS Diploma or equivalent
* Computer proficiency and ability to learn and use new software
Preferred Applicants Will Also Have:
* Two-year technical degree and/or vocational training
* Familiarity with NEMA standards and UL listing practices
* Bender, cutting, and/or roll forming equipment experience
* Experience working on projects such as new equipment installations
Set Hours — 2:30pm-11pm Monday through Friday, but some flexibility is available here as requested.
varies based on experience
Offer 2nd shift premium of $1/hr. We offer competitive benefits including insurances: health, dental, vision, life, short-term, long-term. Also offer Flexible Spending or Health Savings accounts, 401K Roth or traditional 401K, vacation, holiday pay, sick/personal time, tuition reimbursement and pay-for-skills training/learning path.
High School Diploma
Other — Roll Forming Corporation - Jeffersonville, IN plant
APPLY AT WWW.RFCORP.COM/CAREERS
Roll Forming Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Please contact us at RFC.Personnel@voestalpine.com if you require any alternate application form or accommodation during our hiring process due to disability.