Reading Truck Equipment
Our company manufactures custom-made truck service bodies that we install on truck chassis from Ford, GM and Ram. The position involves fitting the truck bodies, installing and modifying components and accessories requested by the customer, paint and decal preparation, fabrication/welding, vehicle wiring, working with pneumatic and hydraulic systems, installing items such as lights, snow plows, trailer hitches, cranes, welders, air compressors, etc. Use of hand tools, power tools, and air tools, welders, fabrication equipment. Some minor vehicle mechanical repairs as needed.
• Basic mechanical knowledge-hydraulics, electrical
• Basic welding skills, or willingness to participate in weld training program; American
Welding Society (AWS) weld certification preferred.
• Ability to operate power hand tools and air tools
• Must have their own set of hand tools and a tool box
• Be able to lift 50 pounds individually and 100 pounds with assistance
• ASE mechanic / collision certifications preferred but not required
Set Hours — Mon-Fri. 5:00am to 2:30pm, Sat. 5:00am to 10:00am
$15 to $20 per hour
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Short-term Disability insurance, 401k retirement plan, employee discount programs, paid time off, paid company holidays, $500 sign-on bonus
High School Diploma — High School Diploma or GED
Louisville — 5620 Fern Valley Road, Louisville, Kentucky 40228
To apply and take our online assessment, please click on these links: http://www.readingequipment.com/about/careers and https://readingtruckgroup.selectrakonline.com/apply. For more information or to apply in person, contact: Reading Truck Equipment, Michael McGill - Human Resources Generalist, 5620 Fern Valley Road, Louisville, KY 40228; (502) 882-7120 Extension 4409; firstname.lastname@example.org.