voestalpine Roll Forming Corporation
Experienced production technician to support operations and provide regular hands-on support for the programming and troubleshooting of robotic welding equipment.
Summary: Provide technical knowledge support for the Manufacturing Operations Team while also performing duties of Production. Coordinates and/or facilitates communication between Manufacturing, Engineering and Maintenance. Supports cost reduction, quality and process improvement initiatives as related to supplies and consumables. Requires the flexibility to work different times and shifts as required to accomplish projects/tasks. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Assists Maintenance/Engineering with trouble shooting of equipment and process problems.
· Analyzes when to call support department resources to assist operators.
· Provides technical support problem solving expertise to Production.
· Works cooperatively with all department areas; Quality Assurance, Engineering, Customer Service, Maintenance.
· Aids in installation of equipment and equipment relocations.
· Operates equipment (including all laser weld operations or mill operations – including die changes, pre-notch, post-notch, and die accelerator programming), when not performing other manufacturing technician functions.
· Performs daily or weekly paperwork/reporting as required.
· Aides in training/developing team members technically.
· Participates in Lean Production program.
· Researches and performs trials on supplies and consumables that will provide improved cost and/or quality.
· Helps maintain consumable inventory levels.
· Requisitions materials and supplies (consumables).
· Understands and follows appropriate SOPs, work instructions, and use of blueprints.
· Promotes a positive attitude to instill confidence in other Production employees.
· Uses safe working practices and performs work as efficiently as possible.
· Follows good housekeeping practices.
· Complies with all quality and ISO standards.
· Completes training on new and existing equipment.
· Utilizes Lock-Out-Tag-out procedures to secure equipment.
· (Preferred, but not required) Receives training and acts as a First Responder to medical injuries.
· Performs machine setup and functions, including basic robot set up and resetting
· Performs laser maintenance, setup, and adjustments including: mirror cleaning and change out; beam mirror alignment; nozzle cleaning and alignment; weld alignment; laser program.
· Conducts laser weld testing
· Understands how work cell works together and troubleshoots machine components effectively to produce quality product. Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3-5 yrs of experience or equivalent training. Ability to pass pre-employment math testing, background checks, physical exam and drug screens. Ability to lift up to 50lbs on regular basis. Preferred Applicants will also have: Strong work history. Consistent experience in a manufacturing setting performing equipment setup and machine operator or metal fabrication. This could include:
troubleshooting of equipment to assist maintenance dept. or provide technical support, communication with other departments as needed, responsibility for completing accurate paperwork or reports. Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather condition and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Set Hours — 2nd shift is 2:30P-11:00P, Monday through Friday, $1/hr shift premium. 3rd shift is 10:30P-7:00A Sunday night through Thursday night. $0.75/hr shift premium. Ability to work overtime as needed.
$16.00 - $20.00 with potential for more
We offer competitive benefits including insurances: medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability. We also offer flexible spending plans or health savings plans, paid vacation and holiday your first year, tuition reimbursement and profit-share bonuses. Check us out!
High School Diploma
Other — Shelbyville, KY campus
Visit us at www.rfcorp.com/careers to view all current openings and apply or click on the url link here for this position specifically: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=cd80a0db-72b5-4ec5-b466-835f7055da79&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=257193&source=CC3&lang=en_US. Roll Forming Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Please contact us at RFC.Personnel@voestalpine.com Opens a New Window. if you require any alternate application form or accommodation during our hiring process due to disability.