Legal Aid Society
Purpose of job: To serve as the Associate Director of Development for the Legal Aid Society, formulating development plans, setting development goals, formulating grant plans, setting work goals to accomplish grant plants, managing communications, planning special fundraising events, setting event goals, and working in concert with the Executive Director and Director of Development and Communications to guide the development of funds to sustain the agency’s mission.
1. Implement organizational annual grants and development plan.
2. Develop and maintain relationships with funders and other parties who have the ability to
assist Legal Aid accomplish its mission.
3. Formulate fundraising campaigns.
4. Develop and maintain of a calendar of grant funding sources.
5. Develop grant opportunities and proposals.
6. Manage grant progress and submission of reports in coordination with Development Director
and Advocacy Director.
7. Develop outcomes measures to use in grant application and report processes in coordination
with Advocacy Director and Development Director.
8. Provide donor and grant database management and oversight.
9. Receive and process donations and generate acknowledgement letters.
10. Plan and execute donor cultivation events in concert with the Director of Development and
11. Ensure quality donor data management and preparation of donor correspondence.
12. Develop communications and social media posts conveying the office’s
mission and work activities.
13. Assist in development of Board training and communication matters related to development.
14. Set grant and fundraising goals in concert with Director of Development and Communications
and Executive Director.
15. Assist Board Development Committee in coordination with Development Director to develop and
execute annual development plan.
16. Provide Director of Development and Communications with additional development support as
17. Foster teamwork, cooperation, continuous improvement, and results- oriented outcomes
through work on grants and fundraising projects with staff.
18. Serves as a member of the management team.
19. Participate in management meetings, decisions, and activities.
20. Serve as a management designee in disciplinary and grievance processes.
21. Participate in strategic and long-range planning of the organization.
22. Control development expenses in coordination with Development Director and works within
23. Handle confidential donor and staff information with professionalism and good judgment in
coordination with other members of the management team, including the Executive Director.
24. Attend Board of Directors meetings.
25. Occasional night and weekend work hours; some local and out of town travel.
26. Other duties as needed.
Health and Dental insurance.
Bachelor's degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
Louisville — 416 W. Muhammad Ali Blvd., Suite 300
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to Meagen Peden Agnew at the Legal Aid Society (416 W. Muhammad Ali Blvd., Suite 300, Louisville, KY 40202) or to email@example.com.
Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status.