The Payments/ARM Specialist is responsible for payment posting transactions and performing various basic loan related duties while maintaining the expected results on the annual customer service survey and meeting the performance metrics as set forth by management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze loan billing and transaction history to determine posting requirement for regular payments and exceptions. Payments must be posted for the day of receipt.
• Research and correctly post daily un-posted transactions for the mortgage and commercial loan systems.
• Set-up, delete and maintenance Automatic Transfer for loan payments on applicable systems.
• Research and enter payment reversals for Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) upon receipt in alignment with compliance and regulatory requirements; escalate any issues to supervisor.
• Research and enter Tax Refund Solutions (TRS) transactions upon receipt in alignment with compliance and regulatory requirements; escalate any issues to supervisor.
• Verify account available balance and Key construction/ Line of Credit draw requests.
• Research and enter assessment, waive and payment transactions for fees in alignment with compliance and regulatory requirements; escalate any issues to supervisor.
• Verify billing notices have generated and are mailed to clients according to regulatory guidelines.
• Perform general ledger/check balancing through Image Centre for department.
• Verify signature and contact clients as part of the fraud verification process for draws on the HELOC over 5K report.
• Retrieve client history transaction prints from loan systems.
• Prepare and key test scripts relating to standard transaction testing for acquired banks and Horizon IRB/Releases.
• Responsible for resolving miscellaneous inquiries from clients and bank personnel.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, ac •Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.countability and dedication to the organization.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
• Minimum 6 months Loan Servicing, Accounts Payable (AP) or Accounts Receivable (AR) experience preferred.
• Previous banking experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Internet applications.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
• Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
• Must have high levels of energy, the ability to multi-task, and a strong sense of urgency.
• Demonstrate basic math functions and the ability to work with multiple systems at one time.
• Strong attention to detail & organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Set Hours — Requires a flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime work.
Competitive Benefits package
High School Diploma — Some college preferred.
Go to https://www.republicbank.com/careers. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.