USGS - KY Water Science Center
• Responsible for maintenance of vehicle fleet, boat fleet, small engines.
• Maintains neat and orderly warehouse.
• Assist staff in loading and unloading of equipment.
• Minor electrical work usually dealing with DC power concerning battery charging station, crimping, wiring electrical connectors.
• Minor metal and carpentry work, dealing with custom designs of needed supplies.
• Ability to be creative and provide solutions to unique situations when concerned with design and maintenance projects.
• Facilitate the recycle program.
• Position may require some field work in order to assist other staff.
• Position may also require work dealing with painting in the outdoors and general landscape maintenance such as brush cutting and grass trimming.
• If full time position may require local travel.
Communicate effectively, learn quickly, and work with minimal guidance at times. When working with others, the ability to follow directives. General skills would be ability to use hand tools and power tools. Organizational abilities to help maximize our work-space efficiency. Comfort with the ability driving pickups such as F-250s and towing trailers is also a plus.
Full-time and/or Part-time
$11.16 - $13.70 per hour
Louisville — United States Geological Survey - KY Water Science Center, 9818 Bluegrass Pkwy, 40299
If interested please submit resume to email@example.com.