Air Hydro Power
Need a New Career? Looking for a FUN Work environment where your individual efforts are not only appreciated, but recognized and praised!
Air Hydro Power is the leading automation distributor in the southeast, providing, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Connector and Automation Technologies along with the best people, facilities, and products to service our clients’ needs. We know the true strength of our company is our PEOPLE: they are what differentiate us from our competitors.
Since 2008, we have been named one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky! The Best Places Program is sponsored by the KY Chamber of Commerce and the KY Society for Human Resource Management.
Job Description: Repair Division Mechanic needed to maintain, repair, and rebuild hydraulic pumps, motors, hydrostatic transmissions, hydraulic power units, along with hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders of varying size and complexity.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Use basic hand tools, measuring instruments, and other specialized equipment to teardown, measure, evaluate, reassemble and test hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, valves, pumps, motors, hydrostatic transmissions, and hydraulic power units of varying size and complexity.
* Assess reason for mechanical failure; make recommended changes, if any.
* Specify parts and time required to perform repair, document all findings and carry out repair.
* Must be able to determine tolerances and metric-to-standard dimension conversions.
* Must have the flexibility to stay on task and on time with projected delivery dates.
* Assist in cleaning and maintaining various shop equipment as required.
* Maintain a clean and organized workstation.
Air Hydro Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Individual should have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as a basic knowledge of the internet.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current driver’s license. Ability to become forklift certified.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to use basic hand tools and other specialized tools and equipment, as required. Individual should have high mechanical aptitude and spatial skills.
Overtime is mandatory. Must have the ability to be on call. Must be able to work overtime with little or no notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Salary is dependent upon experience.
Air Hydro Power offers a complete and comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees:
• Company Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, & Sick Days
• Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Flexible Spending Account (Health & Dependent Care)
• Company paid Employee and Dependent life insurance
• Company paid Short and Long-term disability insurance
• Accident & Critical Illness insurance
• Voluntary life insurance
• Company paid Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) investment plan with matching contributions
• Comprehensive Wellness Program
• Onsite gym for corporate office employees or a gym reimbursement for branch employees
• Many other employee discount programs!
High School Diploma — High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Louisville — 2550 Blankenbaker Pkwy., Louisville, KY 40299
Please submit your resume to:
Air Hydro Power