Apple Patch Community, Inc.
Apple Patch helps intellectually and developmentally disabled individuals lead fulfilling lives. The Direct Support Professional at the Community Enrichment Centers focuses on creatively engaging and interacting with each individual, discovering personal goals and helping people attain those goals. Classroom activities can include cooking, computer skills, making a budget or doing an arts and crafts project to celebrate a holiday. Outings can include a shopping trip to Walmart, going to Dairy Queen for lunch or enjoying the state fair. Some Day Programs have impromptu dance sessions, karaoke, or offers a quiet sensory room that provides various stimulation. Apple Patch promotes a person-centered approach that is fulfilling for you as much as for our participants. This job will ask all of you in challenging ways but will give so much in return. Enjoy a meaningful and purposeful position with Apple Patch.
The Qualities of a successful Direct Support Professional
• Caring and Compassionate (Kind, Understanding, Gentle)
• Honest and Loyal (Trustworthy, Have Integrity, Dedicated)
• Flexible and Dependable (Responsible, Adaptable, Consistent)
• Creative and Shows Initiative
• Hard-working and Team Player (Are Active and Can Multi-task)
• Able and Interested in Learning New Skills (Curious and Adventurous)
• Good at Communicating (Attentive and Engaging)
• Respectful (Accepting of Others as They Are; Respectful of boundaries)
• Enthusiastic (Fun-loving, Outgoing, Have a Sense of Humor)
• Produce Quality Work (Accurate, Organized, Independent)
• Able to Demonstrate Good Judgment
Organizational Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports the mission, vision, and philosophy of Apple Patch. Facilitates and supports the implementation of policies and procedures.
2. Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting: Individual maturity, respect for others, a team-centered approach, maintenance of confidential information, and an appreciation of a multicultural workplace.
4. Exhibits effective communication skills.
5. Participates in appropriate professional development to attain and maintain competency.
6. Effectively manages financial and physical resources to achieve Apple Patch's objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In collaboration with Manager, develops and maintains a schedule of activities.
2. Assists clients in the development of daily living, social, recreational, and leisure skills.
3. Assists in organizing and managing group outings in the community.
4. Follows habilitation plans for each individual client.
5. Manages group behavior.
6. Maintains a daily log of participant progress and activities.
7. Completes other documentation as required.
8. Works collaboratively with other members of The Apple Patch Community staff.
9. Turns in monthly syllabuses in a timely manner.
10. Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a human services field preferred. Previous experience working with individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities preferred. Prior teaching experience preferred.
Must possess a current and valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record.
Must have basic computer competency.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, and crouch, talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to work the required hours to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level is usually moderate.
Full-time and/or Part-time
Flexible - Will work with applicant
Paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
Referral Bonus Program
Health Insurance for Full-time (at least 30 hours per week)
Paid $25,000 Life Insurance for Full-Time
Paid Employee Assistance Program
No information available