Presbyterian Church (USA)-Office of the General Assembly
PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (U.S.A.)
OFFICE OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Position Title: Program Assistant for Application and Committee Support
Grade: 16 Exempt Status: Exempt
Entity: Office of the General Assembly Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Ministry Area: Mid Council Ministries
The Office of the General Assembly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
BASIC FUNCTION: To provide support for leadership educational initiatives of Office of the General Assembly and provide logistical support to committees related to Mid Council Ministries.
REPORTS TO: Manager for Ministry Preparation and Support
BUDGET ACCOUNTABILITY: n/a
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (in order of importance) of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Supports web-based applications related to Mid Council Ministries. Coordinates exam cycle process with Manager, including registration and reader preparation.
2. Produces educational resources and training materials, including resources for exam readers and exam test takers. These resources are to be developed for use through distance learning technology, by trainers, and with on-site educational programs with presbyteries and synods.
3. Collaborates with staff team to create communications and educational media. Manage web content related to the leadership educational initiatives, working with web staff to keep materials current.
4. In collaboration with Mid Council Ministries and Communications staff, assist in the management of websites for Mid Council Ministries, monitoring them for content, creating resources, posting news items, and making changes/updates.
5. Provides general information, consultation, and guidance to users of web-based applications related to Mid Council Ministries, in coordination with the constituent service consultants, and in accord with PCUSA Constitution and current policies, utilizing telephone, mail, e-mail, and other media as appropriate.
6. Achieves a paperless work flow through the conversion of current documents to electronic forms.
7. Working with the Program Assistant for Administration, provides administrative staff support for committees related to Mid Council Ministries, including meeting planning and other logistical support.
8. Serves as support and back-up for Consultants and Managers of web-based applications related to Mid Council Ministries, providing coverage as needed when Managers and Consultants are absent.
9. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager or the Director of Mid Council Ministries.
Relationships: Works as part of the Mid Council Ministries team and in collegial manner with staff from all areas of the Office of the General Assembly.
Has regular contact with inquirers, candidates, presbytery leaders, seminary staff, and members of committees related to Mid Council Ministries.
Skills, experience and competencies: Fluency in English with strong spoken and written communication skills; ability to maintain confidentiality; knowledge of adult educational theories and practices; demonstrated strong technology skills including web applications and online learning and ability to update skills as needed; exhibits initiative and strong work ethic; excellent organization and project management; demonstrated cultural proficiency; ability to effectively manage interpersonal relationships.
Education: Baccalaureate degree or equivalent experience.
Sensory or Physical Requirements: Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to travel to meetings, conferences and the biennial General Assembly. Ability to transport computer and other technological equipment.
Desired Qualifications: Understanding of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), including its polity and theology. Fluency in Spanish and/or Korean.
Flexible - Will work with applicant — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; some overnight travel; some (few) weekends
Paid medical, optional dental, vision and other additional coverage options.
Bachelor Degree — Bachelor Degree preferred. Will consider a combination of Associate Degree plus experience; Adobe Creative Cloud or experience with similar software required.
Louisville — 100 Witherspoon Street