Thermex Thermatron, LP
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To design mechanical components, equipment and systems related to the products designed and manufactured by Thermex Thermatron, L.P., such as RF and Microwave Generators and Applicators, Control Cabinets, Conveyors, Ovens, Presses, etc.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Must be organized and should possess a positive attitude. Job entails interaction with suppliers and customers. Teamwork and good communication are frequently required. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Mechanical, electrical, electronic, PLC’s, pneumatic, hydraulic, power transmission, material handling components and systems will be used in the design process.
2. Design work consists primarily in making assembly, layout and detail drawings for fabrication and assembly of the above-listed Company products.
3. Design and drafting work will be performed using AutoCad and SolidWorks.
4. Material Lists and Requisition Forms will be done using Microsoft Access-based program, unless otherwise requested.
5. Assist Production Personnel in implementing the design requirements during the manufacturing/fabricating or assembling process at the supplier’s site or in the shop as requested by Management.
6. Work with suppliers/vendors in finding the best components or systems for the purpose of improving the quality and cost of the designed equipment.
7. In order to achieve the minimum required hands-on experience, work in the shop might be required for a time period not to exceed one year.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Technical School or Associate Degree in Mechanical Design.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Two to five years experience in the Mechanical Design field.
TRAVEL: Some travel may be required to assist or supervise the installation process of the designed equipment.
SUPERVISION: Should perform regular duties with a minimum of supervision.
OCCASIONAL DUTIES: As requested by Management.
Dependent on experience.
Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Vacation, sick, personal, and holiday leave.
Louisville — 10501 Bunsen Way, #102
Email your resume to amy@thermex -thermatron.com. No phone calls or personal visits, please.